Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Jenny's sparkling sea

Jenny's sparkling sea
Today I've finished the last of my 2011 paintings of Brehat commissions with this one, oil on linen canvas 30 x 30cms square. I hope Jenny likes it! She wanted the sea, blues and sparkles on the water! I think it has a very nice atmosphere and I'm pleased with it.
You may recall seeing this painting before, if you look back at my blog post from October 11th, titled 'half done', you will see what stage it was at when I left the beach. Today it was finished in the studio.
I must tell you something about me - I'm quite a procrastinator! It's always very satisfying therefore when I finish a commission. Here's something amusing... today I ordered a book from Amazon called 'The Now habit - A strategic program for overcoming procrastination and enjoying guilt-free play' but here's the funny thing ... I've had that book in my Amazon 'Saved for later' basket for a very long time....

4 comments:

  1. I love this painting, great atmosphere!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful painting Haidee-Jo! And I understand what you mean about procrastinating. I've battled it myself for 30 some odd years! I've come a long way but could still be better. :) By the way, thank you for the "follow." I'm going to peruse your blog a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haidee-Jo, nous sommes de voisines ;) ! Je découvre votre blog et toutes ses beautés. J'adore et je vous mets en lien sur mon blog pour que d'autres puissent vous découvrir aussi. A bientôt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merci beaucoup Olivia, and thank you all! Have just heard that Jenny is pleased with it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...