Friday, November 11, 2011

Chez Beatrice

Click to bid
Chez Beatrice
I painted at my friend Beatrice's house, a fascinating old house full of history, looking out over the sea behind. It's twenty minutes walk from my house if you walk briskly, without stopping to admire any views on the way, as you tend to do on a day like this! It was a dark drizzly day and the sky and sea had become indiscernable, hence staying indoors to paint! I was inspired to paint the beautiful huge old french light over the table, so this is the view from the salon looking into the salle a manger. 'There is nothing straight in this house' explained Beatrice.
Although I painted this from life, I might like to try a few interiors from photos so if you have any lovely photos of rooms that you think I might like to paint (especially if they have sunlight or interesting lighting) please email them to me and if they interest me I will have a go!
I found this quote today by Van Gogh:
 "Gauguin says that when sailors have to move a heavy load or raise an anchor, they all sing together to keep them up and give them vim. That's just what artists lack!"
Well, it struck me Vincent would have loved to be alive today and blog about his paintings online because that's sort of what we have now - a huge community of artists to support each other! Thanks to all of you who leave comments on my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely painting - I can see indeed we both got inspired by the appeal of interior scenes. Like your comment about Van Gogh too, I agree he would probably have felt much less lonely if he had the chance to enjoy the joys of blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...