Sunday, November 20, 2011

Butterfly Sunday

Click to bid
Butterfly Sunday
Well here it is finished! It was really fun to start the little painting a week ago, have the week to look it over and think about and make changes. I may well work this way again! As you can see I've brightened up the colour of the background paper that the brooch and bracelet were sitting on. In actual fact it's a very faded yellowy-green, a bit too drab. I prefer it like this.
I've also added a few more lights and darks, neatened up edges. Well, neat for me anyway! I like the bits of pink underpainting that show through. This is an oil painting on canvas panel, 15 x 15cms. In actual fact the photo makes it seem more biased towards blue than it actually is. It's more of a turquoise-green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...