Saturday, October 8, 2011

Treasure cups

Click to bid or for further info!
Treasure cups
Does everybody have treasure cups in their kitchen? This started as a tiny teacup which ourselves and guests could drop a few spare coins in for the daily breakfast/boulangerie budget! Give us this day our daily bread, croissants, pain au chocolats etc!
Anyway, it's somehow grown over the months! Now it's a stack, and as well as loose change contains seashells, marbles, buttons, screws, tokens, bottle tops... those little bits and pieces you feel you should hang on to but don't know where... or in some cases why!
I didn't need to arrange this particular still life, just painted it exactly as it was! Yes you may call it clutter but... I find it attractive, none-the-less!
I'm so proud to realise I've completed a month now on my daily painting blog! You can have a look at earlier posts by clicking on 'older posts' at the bottom of the page on http://www.haideejo.blogspot.com/
Bon weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Very lovely Haidee. We have the same stuff, including some very tiny shells Karl brought back for me from a South American island he visited last year-all that clutter holds memories. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah, good to know it's not just me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I like your color choices of yellow ground and grayed down violet cups, it shimmers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...