Friday, October 7, 2011

Sparrow at Toad Hall

Click to bid
Sparrow at Toad Hall
Last week more of my stock of art materials made it over to our house on the island, (little by little they come, and take over the house!) and within my books I found this half finished painting. I set about finishing it today. It brings back fond memories of my former studio, Toad Hall. It was actually the last open studios weekend I ever held there. I had a little sparrow visitor!
This painting is watercolours and acrylic inks, on 16 x 12" Arches watercolour paper, unframed.
Also I wanted to show you this oil painting of Guerzido beach again as the auction finishes soon and it is still available to buy, at a great price!
Click to bid

3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful coastal scene, I love your brushwork. I like how you let the under painting show through, it ties everything together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sparrow at Toad Hall. You are such a good artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! The underpainting for 'late afternoon, guerzido beach' was a kind of raspberry red that I'd covered the canvas with several years ago and it was a JOY to paint over and I wish I could remember what colour I had used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...