Monday, October 10, 2011

Gracie and Charlie

Gracie and Charlie
Sold
It's interesting that deciding to paint every day has forced me to think about the subjects that I really love to paint. I was thinking about this at the weekend and I kept coming back to the subject of children. If I can combine children and cats, another subject favourite, so much the better! Which led me to seek out the photos of my god-daughter Gracie with my most patient cat Charlie, which I took in July. Gracie loves all my cats, but I think the attraction is one way sadly! Charlie didn't hang around for long after the photoshoot!
This oil painting on canvas panel is 40 x 30cms. Large for a 'daily painting', but small for me for a portrait. My camera doesn't cope very well when faced with my lovely bright colours so I must let you know that the background around Gracie is actually turquoise rather than blue, and a little darker than it looks on this photo. They always look miles better in real life! As usual, this painting is available to buy via online auction, with a starting price of only £83 ($130). Click on the link above and view all my paintings at auction!

2 comments:

  1. What super focus and style. I really like your color and direct shapes. She's charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary, I really enjoyed leaving the dress and background sketchy, and putting in more detail around their faces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...