Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fin du jour

Fin du jour
Sold
Here's the finished painting based on the sketch I showed you yesterday. It's the end of another unexpected, hot October day, the tide is going out and this lady is returning from her swim. I'm really pleased with it, I love the little strip of sand at the bottom, and the haziness that I could see over the mainland in the distance. It's funny the way all the triangular shapes are repeated. It's the first time I've painted the beach in a vertical format, I usually go for square. I'll definitely try it again, there's something unexpected about it, which I like. This is so definitely the best time of day for painting the beach, in my opinion!
This oil painting on canvas board measures 30 x 20cms. Bidding will start at $130, the equivalent of only £82.72! Click on the link above if you are interested in seeing the auction.
Also I had to show you this photo that I took today of Maisie taking a rest in some seaweed!

2 comments:

  1. Well done that really works! Love the atmosphere and you can feel the warmth. very bold compositionwith the rocks cutting across the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nigel, I did wonder if the rocks were 'cutting' the painting in half but I think it works because of the verticals of the figure and the boats' sails. I'd like to take more compositional gambles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...