Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tiny apple and expresso cup


Tiny apple and expresso cup
Sold
It was very hot today and I couldn't bear to be outside, what's wrong with me? A month ago I would have thought it was a perfect day to go for a swim or a spot of reading on the sunlounger... maybe I'm embracing autumn... certainly I'm embracing my new 'painting a day' workload... ! Phew! Even a little painting like this can take a surprisingly long time!
This is a tiny apple from our tree, no more than two inches tall. It's making a dinky expresso cup look big! I love putting writing in to paintings... it stems from my childhood when I loved to laboriously copy different typefaces from my big letraset catalogue. Truthfully my love affair with typography has never ended! This particularly gorgeous handwriting belongs to one of our neighbours. I love french handwriting.
This oil painting is on canvas is 20 x 20cms. You wouldn't need a frame to hang it on the wall. If you'd like to buy it click on the link under the picture and make a bid. By the way I have five paintings which have auctions ending tonight! Only a few hours to go and really low prices, you can take a look at them all by clicking on the 'click to bid' link above. Merci!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...