Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Camille in the bathroom


Camille in the bathroom
Click to bid
It was one of those days when I couldn't settle on anything to paint. 'Don't want to paint a mug. Don't want to paint a self-portrait. Don't want to paint the apple tree.' Heck, I didn't even want to paint a bonne maman jar. I was beginning to despair of bringing you a painting today!
Then suddenly I knew! Milly was home early as it's Wednesday, and I managed to persuade her to pose for me for TEN minutes only. She can be so strict that girl. This is what I managed to paint in those ten minutes...
I was really pleased with the spontaneity, and I didn't want to lose that. I carried on working on it for an hour or so and I'm really pleased with the result. It's great that the viewer gets some input because not everything is spelled out for you. I'd like to try this same subject again but using high key tonal values. Here's a detail....

So, out of the barren wasteland of artists' block came a little jewel of a treasure I think. This oil on board sized 20 x 30cms is available to buy now at auction. Auction ends in seven days. Click on the 'click to bid' link above.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Haidee-Jo, beautiful paintings. It sounds like a paradise on the island.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...