Monday, September 12, 2011

Bonne maman, stripes and perfume

Bonne maman, stripes and perfume
Today I painted this little still life set-up. I'm afraid my photography has let me down again, it's a lot crisper in real life, easier to differentiate between the different brushstrokes. Milly thinks this is a very strange subject for a painting (teenagers eh?!) but I like all the curves! I started with a thin coat of magenta oil paint all over the board. A very strong colour! I'm pleased with the way it's all come together at the end. There's some thick juicy paint strokes in places, I'm dying to touch it when it's dry!
This painting is available to buy, it is 24 x 30cms oil on canvas board and can be yours for £190 (or the equivalent in euros), plus a little for postage. If you would like to buy any of my paintings please email me through my website http://www.haideejo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...